MORE ACCURATE MEASUREMENTS WITH OMEGA TUBE TECHNOLOGY
The Rheonik Omega Tube meter mechanism consists of three distinct sections:
The Measurement Section
- Pickup Coils – Provide signals to the transmitter
- Measurement Tubes – Where measurement takes place
The Meter Drive System
- Mass Bars – Provide stability and support to the measurement tube oscillation
- Drive Coils – Provide power to maintain oscillations at constant amplitude
- Torsion Rods – Energize and guide oscillation
The Meter Connection System
- In/Out Section – Decouples measurement tubes from process line stress and misalignment
- Each section plays a specific role in ensuring that the meter performs at a high level when measuring flow.
HOW DOES A CORIOLIS MASS FLOW METER WORK?
The operation of a Coriolis meter is based on physics. See below for a detailed description of the operation of this type of meter.
EVERY SECTION OF THE OMEGA TUBE MECHANISM ENSURES THAT RHEONIK'S FLOW METERS PERFORM AT AN UNMATCHED LEVEL OF ACCURACY.
The following information briefly describes the role of the various components within the meter and how they interact to ensure accurate and reliable flow measurement, even in difficult conditions.
Decoupled Measurement Section
- Semi-circular shape unaffected by pressure changes
- Unaffected by pipeline stresses from misalignment
Balanced Torsional Drive System
- Supports meter mechanism
- Low energy requirements – intrinsically safe
- Drives through external vibrations and “noise”
- Resilience to aeration and flow disturbances
Thick Wall Tube Measurement Tubes
- Allows high pressure applications – over 20000 psi in small meters
- Abrasion and corrosion allowance
- No requirement for meter body secondary pressure containment
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
Take a quick moment to get in touch with our expert sales engineers and technologists and we'll guide you to a solution.